Burglars ARE Choosy!
Help them make the choice to choose someone else!
Burglars do their homework. Does your home look like an easy target? Many companies will tell you that you need a state of the art monitored alarm system to keep your home and valuable safe.
The truth is, burglars are deterred by the sight of ANY security system, especially a camera security system since there is more likelyhood that they will be recognized. Outdoor cameras will help put burglars on the defense by recording their every move. You'll want to invest in a good outdoor camera system with a good quality DVR (Digital Video Recorder) to capture the video recordings.
Wondering how burglars choose their mark? Read these tips from convicted burglars:
- Of course I look familiar. I was here just last week cleaning your carpets, painting your shutters, or delivering your new refrigerator.
- Hey, thanks for letting me use the bathroom when I was working in your yard last week. While I was in there, I unlatched the back window to make my return a little easier.
- Love those flowers. That tells me you have taste ... and taste means there are nice things inside. Those yard toys your kids leave out always make me wonder what type of gaming system they have.
- Yes, I really do look for newspapers piled up on the driveway. And I might leave a pizza flyer in your front door to see how long it takes you to remove it.
- If it snows while you're out of town, get a neighbor to create car and foot tracks into the house. Virgin drifts in the driveway are a dead giveaway.
- If decorative glass is part of your front entrance, don't let your alarm company install the control pad where I can see if it's set. That makes it too easy.
- A good security company alarms the window over the sink. And the windows on the second floor, which often access the master bedroom-and your jewelry. It's not a bad idea to put motion detectors up there too.
- It's raining, you're fumbling with your umbrella, and you forget to lock your door-understandable. But understand this: I don't take a day off because of bad weather..
- I always knock first. If you answer, I'll ask for directions somewhere or offer to clean your gutters. (Don't take me up on it.)
- Do you really think I won't look in your sock drawer? I always check dresser drawers, the bedside table, and the medicine cabinet.
- Helpful hint: I almost never go into kids' rooms.
- You're right: I won't have enough time to break into that safe where you keep your valuables. But if it's not bolted down, I'll take it with me.
- A loud TV or radio can be a better deterrent than the best alarm system. If you're reluctant to leave your TV on while you're out of town, you can buy a $35 device that works on a timer and simulates the flickering glow of a real television.
- Sometimes, I carry a clipboard. Sometimes, I dress like a lawn guy and carry a rake. I do my best to never, ever look like a crook.
- The two things I hate most: loud dogs and nosy neighbors.
- I'll break a window to get in, even if it makes a little noise. If your neighbor hears one loud sound, he'll stop what he's doing and wait to hear it again. If he doesn't hear it again, he'll just go back to what he was doing. It's human nature.
- I'm not complaining, but why would you pay all that money for a fancy alarm system and leave your house without setting it?
- I love looking in your windows. I'm looking for signs that you're home, and for flat screen TVs or gaming systems I'd like. I'll drive or walk through your neighborhood at night, before you close the blinds, just to pick my targets.
- Avoid announcing your vacation on your Facebook page. It's easier than you think to look up your address.
- To you, leaving that window open just a crack during the day is a way to let in a little fresh air. To me, it's an invitation.
- If you don't answer when I knock, I try the door. Occasionally, I hit the jackpot and walk right in.
Night Vision Security Cameras
If you have theft during the night, you will want to look at a CCTV night vision camera that relies on IR Illumination. IR Illumination can help make your picture crystal clear even in pitch black conditions. Outdoor weather proof cameras catch crimes such as, vandalism, lewed acts and peepers, nasty neighbours or street violence. Our cameras are equipped with an IR CUT filter that allows for clear colour and picture during the day and clear black and white picture at night to make sure that you have the best picture available to catch your criminals.
The image at the left shows what the image would look like without and with an IR Illumination at night.
Skyview Electronics serves the Durham Region and surrounding areas. Ajax, Pickering, Whitby, Brooklin, Oshawa, Courtice, Port Perry and Uxbridge. Call us at 905-655-3661 or drop by the store at 46 Baldwin Street (Hwy 12), Brooklin to find out how we can customize and install a security camera solution for your exact needs.