Security Cameras for Retail
Who would have thought that products like raw meat and razors would be so popular to pilfer but believe it or not they're 2 of the top 9 items that are stolen from grocery stores. Retail crime in Canada is taking a dramatic turn - a turn involving organized crime. Criminals are now coming in in sophisticated teams - some of the gang members keep the merchants busy while the other one fills their clothing, baby seat, or booster skirt to capacity before sauntering out of the store with thousands of dollars of merchandise. It can take as little as 5 minutes for a gang member to take their fill and leave.
According to a social media campaign last year, consumers paid 20 per cent more for goods as a result of retail theft.
These gangs are not only causing the retail industry financial woes, retail employee safety is at risk in every case. Security camera systems for retail are not only a great deterrent, but also a great way to collect evidence of a crime to give to the police. Skyview will help you pick the right security camera that will give you the best image quality and lowest cost. Security systems serve multiple purposes...
- Security Cameras help keep employees honest. When people know they're being watched with security cameras, thefts are less likely.
- A Video security system gives you the ability to view the shopping patterns of your customers. This can help you understand what merchandise to place where, to get the best results.
- Having a security camera -- specifically at your register can help quickly solve any disputes about the amount of money given. You can also see if any employee is entering incorrect amounts or helping themselves to your register.
- You can view your footage from anywhere in the world, and footage is saved on a recorder so that you can go back and see something that happened in the past.
- In the event of a break in or a crime, you can provide the police with a recorded video of the event which will aid them in finding the person(s) involved.
- Another great benefit is having a recording of any accidents that occur on your property. From slip and falls and other in store accidents to parking-lot accidents - you can be protected from false accident allegations.
Night Vision Security Cameras
If you have theft during the night, you will want to look at a CCTV night vision camera that relies on IR Illumination. IR Illumination can help make your picture crystal clear even in pitch black conditions. Outdoor weather proof cameras catch crimes such as, gas theft, vandalism, accidents and other serious events. Our cameras are equipped with an IR CUT filter that allows for clear colour and picture during the day and clear black and white picture at night to make sure that you have the best picture available to catch your criminals.
The image at the left shows what the image would look like without and with an IR Illumination at night. This can be specifically helpful for gas stations, convenience stores and other stores that are open late - or for places where stock or items can be easily accessed from outside.
Hidden Cameras and Spy Cameras
If you have a cash register thief, you may want to use a hidden spy camera or covert camera so that your thief can get caught in the act. Hidden cameras are perfect for monitoring specific areas of your retail store. A small hidden camera disguised in a common item like a clock, USB flash drive or a pen will allow you to inconspicuously monitor the activiy. These devices can be set to record only on motion to capture just the activity surrounding the device. Other options could be a smoke detector hidden camera, or Coffee Cup spy camera. If there is another device that may be needed, just ask, we can source many devices for you.
Skyview Electronics serves the Durham Region and surrounding areas. Ajax, Pickering, Whitby, Brooklin, Oshawa, Courtice, Port Perry and Uxbridge. Call us at 905-655-3661 or drop by the store at 46 Baldwin Street (Hwy 12), Brooklin to find out how we can customize and install a security camera solution for your unique situation.