Residential CCTV Install Warranty
All electrical equipment installed by Skyview Electronics comes protected by a 1-year manufactures warranty. This warranty covers replacement of defective equipment by the manufacturer but does not cover on site labour to replace such parts. If the faulty part is brought to Skyview they will handle the manufacturer’s warranty policy No Charge. If the customer prefers Skyview to come on site for a service call labour charge they will trouble shoot any issues and replace parts according to the manufacturers warranty.
The labor cost associated with the original install covers time onsite during the original install and does not include ongoing free technical support.
The cost for networking (setup of; mobile devices, laptops, remote viewing, modems, routers) within your home covers only the initial install of your equipment and does not cover free ongoing technical support. Internet connection changes can require redoing the remote view settings on mobile devices and are not covered by warranty.
All equipment is programmed using default Skyview Electronic settings; Skyview retains these settings for use in cases of future technical support. Customers do have the choice to change these settings, yet in doing so they assume responsibility of retaining the new settings and providing them upon request if future technical support is required. Standard labor rates ($125/hr) apply to any support associated to changed settings.
Our installers provide a professional installation of your equipment and ensure that all equipment is working correctly and without problems upon completion of the install
In cases of malfunctioning or damaged equipment, consider the following options
- Technician returns to install location to troubleshoot existing problems.
- If problem is result of mistake made by installer this service call is free of charge
- If problem is result of defective equipment standard labor rates ($125/hr) apply but defective equipment is exchanged free of charge by the manufacturer.
- Customer is responsible for removing equipment from home returning defective equipment to Skyview Electronics, 46 Baldwin Street Whitby Ontario, where it will be determined if equipment is covered under manufacturers 1-year warranty. If covered by warranty, equipment will be replaced free of charge within 30 days. Possible shipping charges may apply. Customer is responsible for pick-up replaced equipment and re-installation.
Optional Extended Skyview Warranty Available for Purchase
Skyview Electronics offers an extended warranty that includes equipment, onsite service, and phone in technical support. The extended warranty includes:
- An additional 1-year warranty on equipment extending the manufacturing warranty to 2-years total.
- Four hours of onsite technical support, OR five 30 minute on phone technical support calls.
This extended warranty comes at the cost of $300/year. This total can be paid in one sum at the completion of the install or in twelve payments of $25 over the course of one year.
⃝ Payment in total of $300 for Skyview Electronic extended warranty.
⃝ Payment of $25 monthly for a period of one year.
⃝ No extended warranty.
Customers have a seven-day period following their install, in which they have the option of purchasing the extended warranty. Warranty can be renewed within first year of warranty period. Does not effectively extend manufactures warranty applies to service calls and technical support only.
CCTV Commercial Installation Warranty
All electrical equipment installed by Skyview Electronics comes protected by a 1-year manufactures warranty, unless stated otherwise. This warranty covers the repair or replacement of defective equipment (please refer to restrictions below), but does not cover any technical support, or onsite labour for defective equipment.
The labour cost portion of your original installation invoice covers the time spent onsite during the initial installation process only; it does not include ongoing or future technical support for the installed product(s). However, technical support is available with the purchase of an extended warranty. If an issue arises within the first 14 days, and it is determined by Skyview Electronics to be the fault of the initial installation process performed by Skyview Electronics – the cost of the service call will then be covered at no charge by Skyview Electronics. If the issue is determined to be anything other than an installation fault, (for example; equipment failure, acts of nature, tampering, etc.) a service call fee of $125 per hour, plus HST will be charged, plus the cost of any uncovered equipment replacement.
If applicable, the initial labour cost of networking (ie: setup of: mobile devices, laptops, remote viewing, modems, routers) within your location(s) covers the initial one-time setup of your equipment. It does not include ongoing or future technical support. However, technical support is available with the purchase of an extended warranty. At some point, some of your hardware may run a software update. This may cause the original settings to be overwritten by the update. Recovering these settings due to software updates is not covered under the initial installation fees. We advise our customers to create a screen capture of your settings, and ensure that you have made note of the password for your DVR. Then in the event of a software update, you can simply re-input the settings. Apple devices in particular, do a fair number of software updates and routinely wipe out the settings, so we highly recommend Apple product users to back up their settings somewhere safe.
All the equipment that has been/is being installed is programmed using the default Skyview Electronics settings. Skyview retains a copy of these settings for cases of future technical support. If a customer decides to change these settings, they assume the responsibility of keeping a record of them and providing them upon request if future technical support is required. **NOTE: If your internet service provider resets or replaces your modem, the settings in the DVR may automatically change. Skyview is not responsible to correct the DVR software settings, and this situation will result in either an onsite or remote access service call. Standard labor rates ($125/hr plus HST) will apply unless a valid service contract is in place.
Our installers always provide a professional installation of your equipment and ensure that all equipment is working correctly and without problems on the day(s) that it is initially installed.
In cases of malfunctioning or damaged equipment, consider the following options:
- You request a technician to return to the installation location:
- If the problem is the result of a defect in the installation this service call is covered by Skyview Electronics.
- If the problem is the result of misuse or tampering; (i.e. equipment being unplugged, wires cut or chewed, etc.), the service call is not covered and you will be charged an onsite labour charge of $125 plus HST per hour plus the cost of any uncovered equipment, unless a valid service contract is in place.
- If the problem is the result of defective equipment covered by equipment warranty, the standard labor rates ($125/hr plus HST) apply for the technician to come onsite, dismantle and replace the faulty equipment. The hardware costs will be covered under warranty or extended warranty if purchased.
- You decide to remove the equipment from your building, returning the malfunctioning equipment to Skyview Electronics, where it will be determined if it can be covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. If the equipment is covered by warranty, it will be repaired or replaced free of charge within 30 days. Possible shipping charges may apply for faster turnaround times. Customer is responsible for the pick-up and re-installation of the equipment.
- Warranty does not apply to the following:
- to consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
- to cosmetic damage, to boxes, packaging or exterior surfaces;
- to damage caused by use with another product;
- to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, acts of God/nature or other external causes;
- to damage caused by operating the product outside any guidelines published by the manufacturer;
- to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions), performed by anyone who is not a representative of Skyview Electronics;
- to a product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Skyview Electronics, including but not limited to installation of custom firmware or other software;
- to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal ageing of the product;
- if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the product;
- if the product is stolen or Skyview Electronics, reasonably believes that the product is stolen based on information provided by law enforcement authorities.
Optional Extended Skyview Warranty Available for Purchase
Skyview Electronics offers an extended warranty that includes equipment, onsite service, and priority phone-in technical support. The extended warranty includes:
- Up to 6 hours of onsite technical support (a $750 value), OR up to 6 – 30 minute technical support phone calls.
If the extended warranty is renewed for a second year Skyview will:
- Extend the manufacturer’s hardware warranty for a second year
- Give a second year of up to 6 hours of onsite technical support (a $750 value), or up to 6 – 30 minute technical support phone calls.
- If no service is required during the year then the customer is entitled to an annual onsite system check which will be provided. At the end of the extended warranty yearly term, the contract will end and be considered expired. Any labour after the expiration will be billed at the current service rate unless a new extended warranty or service contract is purchased. Should you choose at the time of the annual check up to renew the extended warranty for another year the installer will provide you FREE OF CHARGE, a new Surge Protector to ensure your hardware is protected. (Surge protectors as per the fire department, now state, that they should be replaced yearly on all electronic devices to maintain their effectiveness. Due to so many brown outs or full surges throughout the year)
This extended warranty comes at the cost of $500 + HST/year for a maximum of two years. The extended warranty can be paid in one sum or in monthly credit card payments of $41.66 + HST. If the customer chooses to pay yearly, the extended warranty will start and cover one year from the date of the signed contract. If the customer chooses to pay monthly, the contract will start from the date of the signed contract and payments will be automatically taken monthly. Should the monthly payments cease, this contract becomes null and void.
Customers have a seven-day period following their install, in which they have the option of purchasing the extended warranty. The customer can decide to renew a 1 year extended warranty before the first year expires. After this 2 year extended warranty expires, or if the 1 year extended warranty expires, the customer will have the option to purchase a new service contract which is $500 plus HST/year for labour only or $1200 plus HST/year for labour and hardware.
☐ ___________________ (customer) agrees to a ☐ 1 year or ☐ 2 year extended warranty and make a lump sum payment of $500 + HST per year for Skyview Electronic extended warranty.
☐ ___________________ (customer) agrees to a ☐ 1 year or ☐ 2 year extended warranty and agrees to allow Skyview Electronics to take monthly payments of $46.66 + HST for the selected number of years from the customer’s credit card.
☐ ___________________ (customer) has purchased a UPS or surge protector from Skyview (required for extended warranty and service agreement coverage).
☐ ___________________ (customer) has declined extended warranty. I.N. ________
☐ ___________________ (customer) has declined the purchase of surge or UPS protector. Customer understands that the manufacturer does not cover power surges, and thus customer agrees to assume the risk. I.N __________
Should an issue arise with your CCTV system, please contact the store at 905-655-3661. Mention that you have a service contract and our staff will take a brief summary of your issue and pass the information onto our service manager. A technician will then contact you by phone to determine if the issue is something a telephone support call can fix or whether an onsite visit is required.
*Extended warranties extend the manufacturers original coverage and do not include catastrophic damage such as floods, lightning strikes, power surges, willful damage, acts of god etc.
*Service contracts do not include catastrophic damage such as floods, lightning strikes, power surges, willful damage, acts of god etc.
Labour rates are guaranteed during the warranty or service contract term.