Hooking up your phone:
In your package you should have received a VoIP Telephone adapter, Ethernet Cable, AC Power Adapter
In order to start using your VoIP service, you will need to install your VoIP Phone Adapter. Below is a diagram of the finished installation. Please read the following VoIP setup instructions carefully.
- Before you begin, make sure that your computer is turned off and, modem, router and the VoIP adapter are unplugged from the back of the devices
- Connect the Ethernet port on the VoIP phone adapter to a spare Ethernet port on your router (1,2,3,or 4) using the Ethernet cable included in the kit.(this is the one that looks like a wide thicker phone cable )
- Connect the base station for your phone system to the phone port on the VoIP phone adapter using a standard telephone cable
- Turn on your modem wait about 2 min for full boot up, and then same with router and wait for them to start up (typically, when all lights have turned green.)
- Plug the power adapter into the power jack on the VoIP adapter and then into an electrical outlet. Wait for a few minutes and then pick up the telephone handset and listen for a dial tone. This indicates that the VoIP adapter is working.
- You are now ready to make calls!
- If phone ever loses signal could be a communication issue with the internet or the back end server, please reboot the whole set up by repeating steps 4 and 5.
- Anytime you lose internet connect reboot. As an old friend used to say “when in doubt reboot”
*72 – Activate call forwarding
*73 – Deactivate Call forwarding
*88 – call as private/block caller-ID while calling out
*62 – Activate Follow-me
*63 – Deactivate Follow-me
*98 – Access voicemail
To remotely check your voicemail: dial home number and press * when voice mail starts then enter passcode 1234
Setting Up Personal Voicemail Messages:
- To record a personal voice mail message, press: *98
- Your ID is -100# (if that doesn’t work, use your full 10 digit phone number and #)
- Your password is 1234#
- Press 5 advanced options
- Press 1 to record a greeting
- Press 1 to record a greeting again, then record the greeting at the tone.
- Press 2 to save
- Press 2 to choose the greeting. Press 1 for the personal greeting you just created. Let it play the full message and then it will say activated IF YOU DO NOT LET IT PLAY WILL NOT WORK!!!
- Should be good to go.